Friday, April 29, 2011

Nesting?

The day we found out it was William that was kicking and punching me, we went home and worked on his room. Jesse took all his computer stuff out and moved his office to the “dining” room. I cleaned out our book shelf in the room and packed all the books away and found a spot in the closet for them, throwing stuff away and getting a pile for the Hope Chest. I got all the spider webs off the walls and vacuumed the carpet. I got all the edges and baseboards. I brought in all the baby’s stuff and sorted it all out nicely.

I have been keeping the kitchen clean. Putting the dishes in the dishwasher, wiping all the counters (the past few weeks the dishes have been piling up till we were out!).

Today I cleaned out the entire hall closet. Took everything out, throwing stuff away and putting more stuff in our Hope Chest pile, cleaned the shelves, vacuumed the carpet and edges and baseboards. Organized everything properly! It looks great! Then I moved all our photo albums into the closet off the bookshelf in our living room so we could get rid of that shelf too.

This last week all I see are messes and how I can clean them. After doing the closet today and looking at how wonderful it looks and feels, I started thinking. I have been thinking about cleaning a lot! And I have all sorts of other projects in my head that I could do to clean and organize and get rid of stuff. So as I’m looking at the closet pondering all this, I think, “wow, I think I’m nesting!”

So I looked up nesting online to see if I was, or if I’m just crazy. I certainly am, (nesting that is!) and I’m going to take advantage of it! I just hope I don’t get as crazy as some women do! Like throwing perfectly good things away just to get “new, clean” things. Or taking off door knobs to clean the screws. What!?!?!?

So my question to you is, what is your nesting story?

1 comment:

  1. I don't actually remember nesting. I'm sure having Silas live in the living room put a damper on things.

    Really, I just wanted to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete