Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 – What a year!

To close out 2010, I decided to write about 10 moments that happened to me this year that have marked my life. These things have left such an impression on me that I can remember the exact day and probably time that all these things happened.

This would be really long if I did it all in one post so I am going to do a post a day for the rest of the week with two of my ten moments.

1. January 2nd – Glasses
After getting dizzy a lot and having headaches when reading, Jesse told me I should get my eyes checked. I thought, wow this could be the reason for all my dizziness and headaches. I just want them to stop. I was feeling so sick I told Jesse “we need to go to Lens Crafters today in case I do need glasses so I can get them right away”. I was sitting in the chair doing the tests and my left eye was bad. I teared up. I used to be so proud of my “perfect” vision. Sitting there I knew what was coming……….. The doctor said I had a stigmatism in my left eye and needed glasses. My world shattered at that moment. But I went and found glasses I liked, and here I am with my new glasses!


2. January 11th – Prism
Today Jesse dragged me to the church for some weight loss meeting I didn’t know anything about. He told me “we are doing this!” I was like “I don’t know anything about this”. So I sat through the meeting and listened to everything. I decided that day I was going to do the “impossible” and follow this program and maybe lose weight. Well I haven’t reached my goal weigh yet, but I am succeeding at losing weight for the first time in my life! Here is my before picture!

2 comments:

  1. I'm on the edge of my seat and you're going to make me wait to hear more! Argh...

    This is a great idea! I'm excited to read about your 10 moments.

    Love,

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the moments! I wish I'd thought of that! I can't wait to hear the rest :D

    ReplyDelete