Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Moments 5 and 6

5. August 7th - Engagement

Jesse surprised me with a trip to Muir Beach! We stayed at our first bed and breakfast. He took me to the place where he proposed to me. We took some pictures and walked around. Then we decided to meet up with Jerry and Nikki in San Francisco so they could show us around the city. We had lunch at the Beach Chalet. As we were eating I could tell Nikki wanted to tell us something. She was whispering to Jerry, and I just pretended to ignore it; to be polite. So we continue eating and out of the blue they tell us they are eloping in two months. I was so happy for them! I told Nikki my plan to make her my sister-in-law worked! After lunch we went to the Sutro Baths ruins and walked around on the beach. It was a great day!




6. September 4th – 5K

So up until this year running was something I never even considered doing. But after starting Prism and losing some weight, Jesse and Tanya convinced me to “try out” a gym. So I went and got a membership. I started out running a little on the treadmill but mostly walking. After about six months of losing weight, Steven asked our Prism group if we wanted to run a 5K. So Jesse and I started training. We ran our first “5K” on the treadmill after watching the Biggest Loser. We signed up for the 5K and trained both on the treadmill and outside on the bike path. Finally the day came to run the race. Steven, Beth, Jesse and I were ready to go! We got off to a good pace. The adrenaline rushed through my body. I was looking at all the other people running the race with us. Seeing so many people running made me run faster. Boy scouts were handing out water. They were so cute! I remember running and thinking, “wow, I am running a race. Me.” Finally we rounded the corner and could see the finish line. Before Jesse came around the corner I sprinted as fast as I could. He of course passed me, but I kept going as fast as I could until I passed the finish line. I was so emotional that I forgot to tear off the bottom of my number and give it to the lady so she could record my time. She ripped it off and I walked over to the sidewalk and sat down. The feeling you get when you accomplish something you thought you never could is amazing. That feeling is what keeps me running even when I don’t want to run anymore. I will never forget this day because I accomplished “the impossible”.

Here we are after crossing the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment